We're turning up the heat on Congress to pass the "Read the Bills Act." (RBTA)
- Thanks to the financial support of many DC Downsizers, we now have someone to book interviews. Two more have just been booked, and more will follow quickly. Stay tuned for details.
- Our volunteer created media list now has 87 entries, and we'll be asking for your help soon to make it even larger.
- Our first RTBA letters-to-the-editor campaign was a success, and we'll be doing this on a regular basis. Get your "pens" ready.
- Most of the background work for our RTBA Coalition of talk show hosts, blogs, and organizations has been completed and we're hoping to launch this next week, Murphy permitting.
- We're also hoping to launch our MeetUp groups for the Congressional Invasion and the "No Legislation Without Representation Conference" the week after next. Again, Murphy permitting.
All of these are steps on a path that will make RTBA visible to everyone, everywhere, everyday. And the next step we want to take begins now . . .
Direct More Firepower at Congress
We want to send more messages to Congress about RTBA this week, than ever before. We want to dramatically increase the number of Downsizer-Dispatch subscribers who are registered to use our lobbying system. We want more-and-more people badgering Congress about RTBA.
We've already sent 26,322 messages to Congress about RTBA. This has been enough to prompt many members of Congress, and some members of the media, to start talking about weak, substitute reforms like a "two-day waiting" period. But there are enough people on this list to send 60,000 RTBA messages to Congress in a single day. If only we will do it. It only takes 2 to 3 minutes to register to use the system. Please do it. Please help.
If you're already registered to use the lobbying system, send a message to Congress right now asking them to sponsor and pass RTBA. You can send your message by clicking here.
If you're not already registered please take the 2 to 3 minutes required to use the system for the first time, and send your first RTBA message to Congress. Just click on the above link to get started.
Thank you to those who participated in the REAL ID Act Grudge Day. 13,416 messages have been sent to date asking for the repeal of the REAL ID Act.
Final note: We need just $4,000 the rest of this month to pay our bills and keep moving forward. Help us do this. Make a contribution or start a monthly pledge by clicking here.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.