The new Agenda Setters website is coming soon.
Option Activism + the 300 + a narrow focus = the new Agenda Setter website Retweet
We’ve been telling you about it…
- We want to ignore and overcome the Agenda Setting done by the media and the politicians
- We want to use some of their tactics to turn-the-tables. You will become the agenda setters!
- Our new website will carry that name… Agenda Setters by Downsize DC
- It will deploy a tactic that overcomes normal apathy… Option Activism.
- With merely 300 other Agenda Setters, in your district, you’ll become the boss!
The dawn of this new day is very near! The new Agenda Setters website will launch in early March. But there’s one more thing we need to make clear…
We will no longer cover the wide range of issues we once did.
We may tackle more issues, some day. But, at the start, we want to focus so that we can prevail!
We aim to follow the path of least resistance.
There are many good bills that already have transpartisan support. Democrats and Republicans like them. Libertarians and Independents like them. Examples include…
- Criminal justice reform – Democrats and Republicans are both supporting these efforts in Congress. People and institutions like Jay-Z and the NFL are lending their support too.
- The One Subject at a Time Act – every rank-and-file member of Congress stands to benefit.
We want to focus on these areas first, because…
We want to cause real change.
Real change will provide “proof of concept” for our new tactics – Option Activism and the 300.
That may give us the credibility and resources to attempt more later. In the meantime…
If you want us to focus on something besides criminal justice reform and congressional rule changes (like One Subject and Read the Bills) you’ll need to provide the funding to pay for it. $15,000 would be a nice start. But please consider…
The fastest path to dealing with other issues may be to prove that we can succeed with just a few issues first.
Here’s the last thing you need to know for today…
Time is running out for you to join the Agenda Setters Founders Committee.
Become an Agenda Setting Founder!
- Every donor to DownsizeDC.org during February will be listed on our website, the same way we’ve done in epochs past (see the sidebar of our About Us page).
- Names will be listed in order of contribution size, and ties will be resolved by who gave first. Right now, a pledge of $251/month would put you at the top of the list!
- You can leap towards the top by making a monthly pledge; we “annualize” those for ranking purposes. If you’re already giving a pledge, you’ll be counted, but this would be a great time to increase that pledge.
- And if you don’t wish to be listed, please check the appropriate box on the contribution form.
Imagine, putting YOU in charge of Congress!
Today’s Action: Become an Agenda Setting Founder