Quotations of the Day:
From John Cusack’s Twitter feed . . .
- For gods sake where are democrats ??
- Up to 8 Senators now joining the Rand Paul #filibuster. Where are the so-called progressive Democratic senators?
- AG say its ok to kill us citizens–and other bad guys- but trust us we're the good guys...how’d that play out through history mr holder…pay no attention to the man behind that curtain the great and powerful O has spoken…
- dems ? Do U have any thoughts on Obama's transition from a progressive academic humanist 2 a regressive corporate warlord?
- when ukill innocent people without trial - imprison them with no trial what would u call it? (Obama) used bush powers & expanded them
Applaud Senator Rand Paul . . .
He's just done three great things.
- He got Attorney General Holder to virtually admit that the Obama Administration is willing to use drone strikes to kill American citizens on American soil.
- He then led a multi-hour filibuster against Obama's new CIA nominee to protest the President's murderous drone policy.
- He delivered enough pressure with his "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" filibuster, that the Attorney General has changed his answer to a firm "No."
Politicians rarely take moral stands on anything -- as evidenced by the silence of the so-called progressives that John Cusack complains about above -- but when a politician does take a strong moral stand, as Rand Paul did, we should praise him or her to the skies.