ATTENTION FLORIDA SUBSCRIBERS. Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be making three appearances in Florida on Sunday and Monday.
I'll be speaking in Orlando, Florida, THIS WEEKEND, at a day-long conference called Nullify Now. I would love to see YOU there. I'll also be appearing in two other spots in the Sunshine State, as well.
Here are my FLORIDA travel plans . . .
1) What: Breakfast with the Babkas
BEFORE Nullify Now, join Jim and Sue Babka for breakfast!
Downsize DC Foundation Board Member and CEO of Future Business Solutions, Kent White, has arranged for us to meet at the Golden Corral on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 8:00AM. Kent writes,
"They have an excellent breakfast buffet for $7.99 per person. They will have our room set up for 20 people. The address is 7702 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL. Travel time to the Nullify Now event is about 10 minutes. Please have DC Downsizers email me so I can get a head count to Golden Corral. Have them use the subject line, Breakfast with the Babkas, so I can quickly and easily track the emails as they come in. Thank you."
2) What: Nullify Now! Presented by Tenth Amendment Center and WeRefuse
Featuring: Yours Truly, Jim Babka, President, Downsize DC Foundation & DownsizeDC.org, Inc, former New Mexico Governor and possible Presidential candidate, Gary Johnson, and New York Times bestselling author of books like Meltdown and The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History, Thomas E. Woods, will talk about his new book, Nullification: How to Resist Tyranny in the 21st Century.
There are several other speakers scheduled as well, including Tom Mullen and Kurt Wallace.
If you attend, you'll learn . . .
* How we can roll back Obamacare, cap and trade, and other unconstitutional expansions of federal power through nullification
* Why the Founding Fathers believed that nullification was the “moderate middle ground,” not the road to secession
* Why the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution gives the states the power to nullify unconstitutional laws
* Why states – not the Supreme Court – should arbitrate disputes between the states and the federal government over the constitutionality of the federal government’s actions.
In my talk, I'll be sharing two areas where our movement to Downsize DC must be dominant no matter how we do it -- be it educating legislators, or getting state politicians the spine necessary to nullify. And NEITHER of these is electoral campaigns.
When: Sunday, October 10, 2010 10 AM - 6 PM
Where: Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate
1500 Masters Blvd
Champions Gate, Florida 33896
Tickets are still available, but are going fast. And that's not just hype.
3) What: Republican Liberty Caucus EF October Meeting
When: Monday, October 11, 2010 6:00 PM
Where: MeMaw's BBQ
600 E Eau Gallie Blvd
Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Social hour from 6-7; meeting from 7-8pm. The meeting is $5 for non-members, free to members.
RSVP to this Meetup:
I hope to see you at one or more of these events!