NOTE: Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be on three radio shows tonight (Saturday). Details follow his signature.
Being a DC Downsizer means being on the cutting edge of effective political strategy. You are way ahead of the curve. For example . . .
Thanks to YOUR efforts, last year, the concept of making Congress "read the bills" exploded onto the scene, dripping from the lips of insincere yet opportunistic politicians, and screaming from the placards of populists at nearly every Tea Party in the country. We've explained how DownsizeDC.org made this happen in a previous Dispatch.
But no current member of Congress has yet introduced the 24-carat gold version of this idea -- DownsizeDC.org's Read the Bills Act. And it's time for everyone else to "catch-up" and advocate effective political tactics right alongside you. So . . .
We're going to turn up the pressure another notch.
And we need your help to make an impact. And what I'm about to ask of you is SIMPLE and FREE! Ready?
**Can you tell us, in just a few words, why you believe the Read the Bills Act is a great idea? ...the ONE thing about Read the Bills that you really love?**
We're looking for endorsements! And we'll be using THE BEST answers we receive in a BRAND NEW OUTREACH TOOL.
We'll use this outreach tool in a few different creative ways. You'll love it.
Even better, YOU will be able to create ways to use this outreach tool as well.
I'll be telling you more about it, soon.
Here are the directions for submitting your endorsement . . .
1) Please limit the length of your endorsement. Write a thesis statement, not a two or three-point argument. Twitter provides a helpful, but not absolute guideline - 140 characters (characters, not words). You can write a haiku or a clever one-liner. It can be longer, but short is good, and shorter is better. [DownsizeDC.org reserves the right to edit your quote to correct errors or shorten, but not to modify content or change the intent.]
2) Please include your first and last name, city, and state. We need to keep a permanent record on file to prove we didn't make up the quotes, so we'll need complete information. Here's how we'll "sign" your quote, to protect your privacy, using me as an example . . .
J.B., Cuyahoga Falls, OH
3) PLEASE DO NOT HIT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. Rather, send your submission to Feedback@DownsizeDC.org.
Maybe you're not feeling clever, or you'd just like to HELP EVEN MORE with the creation of this new tool.If so, then please consider making a monthly pledge to DownsizeDC.org.
MEDIA APPEARANCES FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 19
1) Internet Radio 7 PM Eastern (6 PM Central, 5 PM Mountain, and 4 PM Pacific) for one hour...
March of Liberty on Blog Talk Radio
To listen live, go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/march-of-liberty
Call-in number (347) 326-9311
2) National Radio during the 8 PM Eastern hour...
Free Talk Live heard on over 70 stations and the Net
For show details and to listen live, visit http://freetalklive.com/
Call-in number 1-800-259-9231
3) California Radio at 11 PM Eastern (8 PM Pacific)...
"Moonlight with Martha" on CRN Digital Talk Radio
For listening details or options, include streaming live, go to http://crntalk.com/listen
Click on "CRN 1"
Show call-in-number: 1-800-336-2225