I wrote Congress demanding repeal of of the surveillance state using DownsizeDC.org’s campaign.
Please do the same!
The hardwired message says...
Co-sponsor the "Surveillance State Repeal Act (HR 2818)."
You may borrow from or copy this sample letter…
I'm pleased that a federal judge said the NSA's metadata surveillance program is “likely” unconstitutional. (http://politi.co/IQ6vRH)
I’m NOT pleased that it will continue to operate through the appeals process.
And I do NOT trust the Supreme Court to protect my Fourth Amendment rights. They've usually deferred to the President’s wishes instead of the Constitution.
So I demand that you don't wait for the Supreme Court. Restore the Fourth Amendment NOW. Do this by passing HR 2818 which would…
* Prevent "back-doors" from being built into our electronic devices, and…
* Repeal the "Patriot Act" and much of the FISA Amendments Act.
Also, create specific restraints on spy agencies by supporting the USA FREEDOM Act (S 1599 and HR 3361). This bill would…
* stop the bulk collection of American’s telephone records
* increase transparency about National Security Letters and other forms of warrantless spying.
Remember, warrantless spying...
* Never had my consent!
* Didn't even have YOUR consent; intelligence chief James Clapper lied to Congress about the extent of these programs.
Don't reward criminality on the part of the NSA, FBI, and other spy agencies. Support the USA Freedom Act and, especially, the Surveillance State Repeal Act.
—END OF LETTER—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends. Ask them to take the same action.
We research the issues and summarize them, then provide you a form letter to use with our free Educate the Powerful System. If you value this service, please consider making a monthly pledge or generous donation.
Policy Research Director