Quote of the Day: "No matter how disastrously some policy has turned out, anyone who criticizes it can expect to hear: 'But what would you replace it with?' When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?" -- Thomas Sowell
The federal "government" will hit its debt ceiling by the end of the year.
There are plans to raise it, imposing $8,000 of more debt on every man, woman, and child in America.
Do you want this?
You may borrow from or copy the letter I sent...
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced plans to raise the debt limit another $2.4 trillion. http://bit.ly/PGCAwB
Oppose this! Balance the budget by cutting spending instead...
* The national debt already exceeds 100% of GDP.
* When this happens, a nation’s economy shrinks.
* But when spending is cut, economies can grow. Look at post-WWII United States. http://reason.com/archives/2010/10/12/it-can-happen-here
Free-up resources devoured by The State, and the productive sector will grow the economy.
Capping the debt should NOT be scary. With existing revenue you can keep promises to the elderly and veterans. Last year, Ron Paul proposed a trillion-dollar cut to the budget that can serve as a blueprint. http://tinyurl.com/3w7wn95
Most importantly, I support cuts because the Federal State is immoral...
* It stifles our enterprises, spies on us, harasses us, imprisons us without cause, and kills us.
* It provides inefficient services and prohibits competition.
* It takes our money by gunpoint, and gives it to cronies and special interests.
I do not consent!
Balance the budget and do NOT raise the debt ceiling.