Today's Downsizer Dispatch
. . .
Quote of the Day:
"It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
-- Justice Robert H. Jackson, U. S. Supreme Court, "American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382, 442" (1950)
Subject: Don't check out for Thanksgiving quite yet
We know everyone's thoughts and energies are turning toward Thanksgiving. Ours too. But please don't check out quite yet. Here's why . . .
We had all but given up hope on the FISA fight. But now things are suddenly looking up. We'll tell you about it tomorrow, and there will be an URGENT ACTION ITEM
. So . . .
Please pay attention to tomorrow's Dispatch.
Also . . .
Please pay attention to next week's early Dispatches, even though you may have a turkey hangover. We'll be launching a new campaign. We've been putting off doing so in the hope that we would soon be launching our new website and Congressional Education System. But . . .
The programming involved has been like chewing coconut. The more we've chewed the bigger it's grown. Leaping the hurdles thrown up by 535 different Congressional offices is quite an undertaking. We continue to think we're close but we can't tell for sure, so early next week we're finally going to launch the . . .
One Subject at a Time Act!
So be ready to bombard Congress.
Finally, with the holidays upon us, our funding problems are going to become even more problematic. Please start a monthly credit card pledge of $5 or more, or make a one-time donation of $10 or more, and we'll send you a copy of "The Downsize DC Vision."
Here's what people are saying about it . . .
- "I felt like I was being let in on a secret as to why they [the politicians] are behaving the way they do . . . it was a little like finding the grand unified theory. Their motive. It starts to make everything else make sense." – L.C.
- " . . . I think it’s great that you’re able to put the plan in such a condensed document. Anyone reading about your organization [in this report] for the first time will be blown away." – S.F.
- "I went through every word of every line of every paragraph of every page. [It] looks spectacular. I'm in." – B.B.
"The ideas in the document you sent are excellent." – P.B.
- "It is excellent and compelling." – M.C.
- "I would send it first to all 535 members of Congress as "prior notice" of the new world of politics." – J.M.
- "This is excellent." – J.W.
- "I don't want to part with mine; is there a less glitzy and expensive version I can buy by the 100's?" - M.G.
- "I've read the entire document three times. You've done a very nice job of developing the argument for the Downsize DC method and it flows nicely from one concept to the next." – R.W.
A monthly credit card pledge of $5 or more, or a one-time donation of $10 or more will get you your copy, and your name will be listed here (unless you choose not to be listed):
Trevor Peck, John Krumpotick
New one-time donors:
Bobby R. Lang, Cecil E. Duncan, Maureane Hoffman, Robert A. Meyer
Make your contribution here.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.