Yesterday the Senate passed S.510, the fraudulent "food safety" bill, 73-25. You can see how your Senators voted here.
Now the bill goes to the House, where it will have to be reconciled with the even-worse H.R. 2749, which passed back in July, 2009.
Because the lame-duck Congress is running out of time, Speaker Pelosi may try to push through the Senate version with no amendments - like she did with the healthcare bill.
You may borrow from or copy this letter . . .
I am angry that the overreaching, lame-duck Senate passed S.510, the so-called "food safety" bill. I'm only thankful that it hasn't yet become law.
This means you still have the chance to do the right thing . . .
* S.510 is based on the arrogant, discredited "government knows best" ideology the voters rejected in November
* S.510 will kill jobs while there is still high unemployment
* S.510 will raise food prices - hurting the poor most of all
* S.510 is unnecessary: food-borne infections have been declining for well over a decade http://tinyurl.com/27aprpj
* S.510 violates the Constitution's separation of powers by delegating regulatory power to the unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats of the FDA
* And H.R.2749, the House version of the "food safety" bill, is even worse!
Vote "NAY!" on S.510. Oppose all "food safety" legislation in the lame-duck session. You can explain your vote by telling your critics what I just told you.
And please spread the word! Forward this to friends and re-tweet this message. http://twitter.com/DDCDispatch
Assistant Communications Director