I sent a letter telling Congress to get out of Afghanistan. I urge you to do the same.
The hardwired message reads...
Remove our troops from Afghanistan now.
You may copy or edit these personal comments…
During his re-election campaign President Obama promised to bring the troops home from Afghanistan in 2014.
But now he's negotiating to keep 7-15,000 troops in the country until AT LEAST 2024! (http://bit.ly/1i22WaZ)
I DENY CONSENT!
* The U.S. and NATO couldn’t pacify the country with 150,000 troops. What good would retaining a tiny fraction of that accomplish?
* If the country does fall into a full-blown civil war, won't that encourage Obama to send in more troops AGAIN?
U.S. goals in Afghanistan were mostly achieved a dozen years ago by driving Al Qaeda out of the country. But you;re delusional if you think our military can "stabilize" another nation that’s NEVER been stable.
* Why should American military be put in harms way to prop up a corrupt, authoritarian regime?
* Why should the U.S. continue to pour tens of billions of borrowed money into that country?
Afghanistan will continue to be poor and backward. Its "government" won’t pose a threat to the U.S. The American people have no stake in its internal conflicts.
So I insist that you…
* Tell Obama to abandon a "security agreement" with Afghanistan, and keep his promise of a 2014 withdrawal, and...
* ONLY authorize money for Afghanistan to fund a safe and speedy pull-out
It's in your own political interest to do this. Remember, the people are your bosses. Polling consistently demonstrates that this is what WE want. It's also what's best for our troops, and for America.
—END OF LETTER—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends. Ask them to take the same action.
We research the issues and summarize them, then provide you a form letter to use with our free Educate the Powerful System. If you value this service, please consider making a monthly pledge or generous donation.