This is your last chance to be an Agenda Setters Founder Retweet
The deadline for becoming a FOREVER member of the Agenda Setters Founders Committee is Saturday, February 29 at 11:59 PM.
When this opportunity is gone, it will be gone forever. So let’s size-up what that might mean…
Like Edison, we experiment and learn. Downsize DC has influenced the law in the realms of warrants/searches and expression/press rights. We’ve repeatedly made accurate predictions. And we’ve introduced ideas and terms into the national debate. But one of these days we’ll light the way and induce dramatic change. If the coming Agenda Setters project happens to be that moment, you’ll want your name on it! It will make you a part of history. Here’s what I’m talking about…
- We don’t run Downsize DC just to have a job.
- We do it because we really do want to change the world.
- That’s why we’re always exploring strategic opportunities and new tactics.
We wish more organizations thought this way. Don’t you?
We don’t stand still. We always experiment and sometimes shapeshift. We’re doing both things right now.
That’s why Downsize DC is about to become Agenda Setters by Downsize DC.
Our latest experiment aims to solve two problems…
- How come special interest lobbyists meet with congressional offices every day, but taxpayers don’t?
- The answer to that question is rational apathy (the decision to do nothing because of a reasonable expectation that action will fail). How do we overcome that apathy?
We think we have viable answers to both questions…
- We’ll overcome rational apathy with Option Activism – no one has to do anything until enough people are committed that success is guaranteed, then…
- We’ll put waves of people inside congressional offices to outnumber the professional lobbyists.
If we’re right about the power of these tactics, then real change is just around the corner. And we’ll soon be passing legislation that moves policy in the right direction.
We’ll empower you to set the agenda for Congress
We’ll start by…
- Restoring justice to the American justice system
- Imposing common-sense rules on Congress, things like our One Subject at a Time Act.
Because of this narrow focus and our new Agenda Setters strategy, using Option Activism.
Do you want to be a part of this change? Do you want to put your name on it? FOREVER!
Then join the Founders Committee for Agenda Setters by Downsize DC.
We’re at the deadline. The Founders Committee roster will close at 11:59 PM on Saturday, February 29.
- Every donor to DownsizeDC.org during February will be listed on our website, the same way we’ve done in epochs past (see the sidebar of our About Us page).
- Names will be listed in order of contribution size, and ties will be resolved by who gave first.
- You can leap towards the top by making a monthly pledge; we “annualize” those for ranking purposes. If you’re already giving a pledge, you’ll be counted, but this would be a great time to increase that pledge.
- And if you don’t wish to be listed, please check the appropriate box on the contribution form.
Imagine, putting YOU in charge of Congress!
Today’s Action: Become an Agenda Setting Founder