Subject: Help wanted
The team at the Downsize DC Foundation and DownsizeDC.org, Inc. is looking for a talented web designer. This position is PART TIME.
Are you a Web Designer with several years of experience in graphics and web design? You must be very skilled with HTML, graphic design tools (such as Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, or Illustrator), CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), cross-browser compatibility issues, FTP, etc.
- Experience with web tools, such as Macromedia Dreamweaver (or other similar software)
- Must be a creative graphic designer with a fine attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot errors and work to tight deadlines
- Understands Internet design principles and the web development process
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Familiar with color theory
- Macromedia Flash
It's also a plus if you have experience integrating web designs with PHP, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
Please include your hourly billing requirements. Messages specifying your hourly rate will be considered first.
Preferably, you have a portfolio with samples of current and previous work, URLs, etc.
We strongly prefer to hire someone who has been a subscriber to the Downsizer-Dispatch for three months or more. Please do not send referrals (i.e., "My friend So-and-So is a good web designer") -- direct contacts only please.
If we've described you and this position interests you, please contact us at HelpWanted@DownsizeDC.org