MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENT: Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be an in-studio guest co-host on tonight's Free Talk Live, heard on over 80 stations. Details are at http://www.freetalklive.com
Quote of the Day: "The formula of my happiness: A yes, a no, a straight line, a goal." -- Frederich Nietzsche
Did you read Wednesday's Dispatch? Did you go to our website and do the following:
* Estimate how many DC Downsizers you think you'll need in your district?
* See how many DC Downsizers there are in your district right now?
* See if anyone else in your district set a recruitment goal?
* See the average of the recruitment goals set by DC Downsizers across the country?
If your answer is yes, then skip down to read about what we're planning next, and another tool we now have available for you.
If your answer is no, then please do the following . . .
* Go to our website http://www.downsizedc.org/
* If your browser doesn't log you in automatically then look for the Log In button on the top right side of the page, click and then login.
* When you see "Your Downsize DC Toolbox" scroll down to the section titled "Your District"
* Click on the link for estimating the number of DC Downsizers you need in your district.
* Follow the instructions for making YOUR estimate
If you've already done this then you may be wondering what comes next? Here's what we're thinking . . .
Maps and Networks
So now you know how many people there are in your district, but where are these DC Downsizers in relation to you?
Do they live next door, in the same zip code, or on the other side of town? To answer this question . . .
We want to give you a map, accessible through "Your Downsize DC Toolbox," so you can see where the other DC Downsizers are in your district. Do you want this?
We also want to create an online interface that you can use to select whether or not you want to be identifiable on the map. And . . .
We also want to create an area in "Your Downsize DC Toolbox" where you and the other people in your district can communicate with each other. Do you want this?
Plus . . .
We're already creating new tools you can use to expand the number of DC Downsizers in your district, and across the country. For instance . . .
There's now a new tab on every campaign page on our website. Look for it the next time you send a letter to Congress. You'll see it next to the Intro and Background tabs on the left-hand side of the page. The tab is labeled Tell-a-Friend.
This is the new location for our Tell-a-friend system that you can use to send emails to friends about any of our campaign initiatives, like Read the Bills, and the One Subject at a Time Act.
In addition . . .
If you're a current financial supporter (2011) of DownsizeDC.org, you'll also find a link to the Tell-a-Friend system on the contribution form that appears after you send a letter to Congress. This page also provides an updated report on your financial contributions to Downsize DC.
We're working hard to give you new tools. And we've made it super-easy for you to support this work.
You can power our progress for as little as $1 per month, credit card plege. That much from every Dispatch subscriber would double the funding we had last year.
* Can you start a monthly pledge for $1, or more?
* Make a single donation for $12, or more?
* Become a major patron of our work for $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000, or more?
Thank you for your support. More progress is on the way.