Today's Downsizer-Dispatch . . .
IN THIS ISSUE:
* Is marijuana really medical? * RTBA MeetUp Groups off to a good start
IS MARIJUANA MEDICAL?:
Our recent medical marijuana campaign elicited a question: "Does marijuana really have medical benefits?" The answer is yes. You can find a good summary of the evidence here.
And you can read a survey of recent results showing the effectiveness of marijuana against cancer here.
What is truly amazing is that there is so much medical evidence in favor of marijuana, given the legal barriers to doing research. Aren't you glad you have Big Government to protect you?
But you can do something right now to protect people who are suffering, and who need the relief and treatment marijuana can provide. Send Congress a message urging passage of the Hinchey-Rohrbacher Amendment ending federal interference in medical marijuana states. You can do so here.
RTBA MEET-UP GROUPS:
Our drive to organize every Congressional district to promote the "Read the Bills Act" and Downsize DC is off to a great start. 8 districts down, 427 to go. There are already 24 people signed-up to participate, and 14 people who want to attend a group if someone will organize one. To organize a group in your area click here.
Here are the groups that have already been started. If you seen on in your area, please sign-up . . .
* Paul Davis has organized District 8 in Sierra Vista, AZ. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
* Sam Grove has organized District 15 in San Jose, CA. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
* Peter Skaates has organized District 6 in Colmbine, CO. If you live that area you can join the group here.
* Robert O'Gwynn has organized District 3 in Jackson, MS. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
* Jim Babka has organized District 13 in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
* Alex Wallenwein has organized District 29 in Houseton, TX. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
Brandon Kline has organized District 2 in Southwestern, UT. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
* Robert Stern has organized District 5 in Germantown, WI. If you live in that area you can join the group here.
Add to the list! To start your own RTBA MeetUp Group click here.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer!
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.