Today's Downsizer-Dispatch . . .
In this message...
1) Sunday Arizona radio interview 2) Interesting topic for Jim Babka's Sunday radio show 3) Free Market News interview online 4) Harry Browne Memorial Service
1) DownsizeDC.org President Jim Babka will be a guest on Charles Heller's radio show in Arizona on Sunday, July 30 for a live, half-hour long interview. You can listen live on the Net here.
Or, you if you live in Arizona, check out the following stations: 690 AM KVOI Tucson, 930 AM KAPR Douglas, 1100 AM KFNX Phoenix
Times: 3:30 PM Eastern, 2:30 PM Central, 1:30 PM Mountain, and 12:30 PM Pacific
The topic will be the latest attempt by members of Congress to block your voice using CAPTCHA technology.
2) Just an hour after this interview, Jim Babka will host his Sunday radio show, the Downsize DC Conference Call, sponsored by Gun Owners of America, the Marijuana Policy Project, and DownsizeDC.org.
This week, Jon Rowe, host of jonrowe.blogspot.com, will be Jim's guest. And the topic is both controversial and fascinating...
Was America founded as a "Christian Nation?" Is the Constitution a Christian document? Were the Founders themselves Christians?
The answers might surprise you!
If you can make the show more interesting or if you have a good question, you can call 1-800-259-9231. If you prefer, you can email the show -- Call at DownsizeDC dot org (NOTE: The email address is written-out and unlinked so that spam harvesters can't grab it and abuse it. Emails to the show may or may not be used and Jim cannot respond to them individually).
The show airs at 5:07 PM Eastern, 4:07 PM Central, 3:07 PM Mountain, and 2:07 PM Pacific.
To listen go to www.GCNLive.com/listen and click on channels one or two for the free feed. You can sample the higher quality, subscription feed on channels three or four for 25 minutes.
3) In an interview with the Free Market News Network Jim Babka also discussed Congressional use of CAPTCHA technology to reduce the number of messages they receive, as well as other efforts that have been used to dull the efforts of challengers and third parties. This interview is just over 8 minutes long and you can hear it by clicking here.
Jim Babka is a regular contributor to the Free Market News Network. The last time he appeared for a radio interview we encouraged you to leave a message with your thoughts about the interview in the Post Feedback section. Well, some of you did. Here's what happened...
A couple of days later Jim received an email from a member of the Free Market News staff expressing pleasurable surprise at the number and quality of the messages. Most interviews get one or two comments at best. By leaving messages in the Post Feedback section, you tell Free Market News that having Jim Babka on to comment on an issue is going to be an audience-attracting move. You create buzz! And each time Jim Babka is interviewed, he promotes DownsizeDC.org.
We encourage you to listen. And if you do, can you take an extra moment to hit that Post Feedback button and leave a comment?
4) Downsize DC co-founder Harry Browne passed away March 1st. On Saturday August 12, 2006 we'll be gathering to remember him. Harry's family, close friends, and admirers will be in attendance at the Historic Moravian Chapel, located at 504 S Main St., Kernersville, NC 27284 (outside Greensboro). The service will start at 2 PM. There will also be refreshments, fellowship, and spontaneous eulogies at the church, immediately following the service.
Pamela Browne has requested that you RSVP if you can attend so that they can plan adequate appetizers and snacks. Reservations are being received at email@example.com.
Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be in attendance. He hopes to meet you there.
Thank you for making all these efforts possible,
Perry Willis Communications Director Downsize DC Foundation & DownsizeDC.org, Inc.