This gives you a tool to tell Congress what most American want.
The hard-wired message says simply: "Please support legislation to pull the troops out of Afghanistan."
Why should the U.S. pull out of Afghanistan? I explain in my personal comments, which you can read below. You may borrow from or copy it:
Can we go home now?
The U.S. invaded Afghanistan in 2001 to capture Osama bin Laden, the leader of the terror group Al Qaeda that was accused of pulling off the 9/11 attacks.
* Osama bin Laden is dead
* There are fewer than 100 Al Qaeda operatives in Afghanistan (http://abcn.ws/9PsIuv)
What will we achieve by remaining in Afghanistan?
We have won the war, but we are losing the occupation. We have 150,000 troops in the country, and yet . . .
* The government we installed after overthrowing the Taliban is hopelessly corrupt
* It is clear that some in the current Afghanistan government are in cahoots with the Taliban and are undermining NATO efforts (http://www.lewrockwell.com/margolis/margolis240.html)
*Prolonged occupation inevitably creates anti-U.S. resentment, just as we would resent a foreign occupation force within our borders
* Our attempts to "nation-build" a country we don't understand has cost thousands of U.S. casualties and tens of thousands of Afghan civilian deaths, which has only served to radicalize more of the population
* The cost of the war is now $120 billion per year, money we can't afford:(http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933935.html)
It is wrong to . . .
* put American troops in harm's way for an undefined mission.
* make Americans poorer, by about $1,200 per family, to pay for a war they don't understand.
* create anti-U.S. resentment by occupying a foreign land for no reason.
Staying in Afghanistan will make us poorer and less secure. We must get out ASAP!
Please share this message with your friends!