MEDIA ALERTS: Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be on two radio shows this afternoon/evening -- The Drive w/ Gary Nolan and Free Talk Live with Ian and Mark. Check below his signature for details, along with a message from Free Talk Live host Ian Freeman.
Quote of the Day: "Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time. Once I built a railroad; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?" -- "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime," lyrics by Yip Harburg, music by Jay Gorney (1931)
Subject: DownsizeDC.org Releases New Folk Song, "Brother Can You Spare a F.R.A.U.D.?"
If the Great Depression had a theme song it was "Brother Can You Spare A Dime." Now we're offering a new folk song by DC Downsizer Dan Litwin.
It's the theme song for our campaign to . . .
* End the inflation tax
* Stop legalized counterfeiting
* Draw attention to the need for Honest Money.
Whenever we talk about the Federal Reserve System and Federal Reserve Notes (otherwise known as The Dollar), we're talking about a F.R.A.U.D.
U- Unit, the...
When the Federal Reserve expands the number of Federal Reserve Notes the value of each dollar you hold DECREASES, and prices rise. The actual value of goods and services hasn't INcreased. Instead, the value of the currency you hold has DEcreased. This is why . . .
The value of the dollar has fallen nearly 99% since the creation of the Federal Reserve System in 1913! In other words, because of the FED's legalized counterfeiting a dollar now buys less than a dime would in the Great Depression.
That's why we asked Dan Litwin to write "Brother, Can You Spare a F.R.A.U.D.?"
We want people to start talking about the dollar in terms of FRAUD.
When you think about it, "the dollar" is really a meaningless name. Instead, you should think of the dollar as a Federal Reserve Note, which -- as a fiat currency with no intrinsic value -- is merely an ACCOUNTING UNIT that the politicians use to rob you blind through . . .
* Direct taxes that consume nearly half of everything you earn (counting state and local taxes)
* Legalized counterfeiting -- the inflation tax that destroys the value of your savings
* Massive borrowing -- the national debt that jeopardizes your future
Protecting these activities is the reason the Federal government has a "legal tender" law and a coinage monopoly. If they didn't force you to trade in F.R.A.U.D.'s then you wouldn't. You'd prefer honest, free market money instead, like units of gold and silver. But that would cause the politicians to lose much of their power to tax, borrow, and inflate.
The politicians don't like that, but we do, so we want to . . .
* Repeal the legal tender law
* Repeal the coinage monopoly
* Give gold and silver the same tax status that F.R.A.U.D.'s now have
When we do these things you'll be able to withdraw from the F.R.A.U.D. economy, thereby reducing the power and relevance of the Federal Reserve. That's why we've supported three bills, NOT YET RE-introduced by Congressman Ron Paul . . .
* The 15-word "Honest Money Act" would repeal the 41-word legal tender law.
* The 104-word "Free Competition in Currency Act" would repeal the government monopoly over the creation of coins for use as currency.
* The 193-word "Tax-Free Gold Act" would prohibit federal and state taxes on precious metal coins and bullion.
Use your personal comments to tell them that you think the dollar is a F.R.A.U.D, mentioning that it's lost nearly 99% of its value since 1913. Then . . .
* Watch the video for "Brother Can You Spare A F.R.A.U.D." on YouTube.
* Or listen to an mp3 audio-only from a safe Windows Media Server
* If you like the song, share it with others and urge them to start referring to dollars as F.R.A.U.D.'s
Spread this song far and wide -- re-post it on your blog, email it to your local talk shows, and share it with your friends.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer,
Jim Babka, President
P.S. I will be promoting "Brother Can You Spare a F.R.A.U.D.", as well as reporting on the events in the campaign finance reform case heard by the Supreme Court yesterday -- the one in which Downsize DC Foundation filed an amicus brief -- on the following radio shows...
* The Drive w/ Gary Nolan's on The Eagle, 93.9 FM Talk in Columbia, Missouri just after 5:00 PM Central time (6:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM Mountain, 3:00 PM Pacific). To listen outside of Missouri, go to TheEagle939.com.
Then, click on "Listen Now" in the top right corner of the page (right next to the mugs of Beck and Hannity). The call-in number for the show is 573-874-9390.
* Free Talk Live with DC Downsizer hosts Ian & Mark shortly after 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 PM Central, 5:00 PM Mountain, 4:00 PM Pacific) heard on a bunch of stations across the country. For a station list, as well as details on how to listen live online, go to FreeTalkLive.com
And the Free Talk hosts asked me to share the following message with you...
As you may be aware, Free Talk Live is a 100% pro-liberty talk radio program airing on over 50 radio stations, hosted by longtime supporters of Downsize DC. If you have been on the Downsizer Dispatch e-mail list for a while, you probably know that from time to time we ask for your assistance in helping boost our ranking in the PodcastAlley.com top 10 chart.
We haven't asked in a long while because we've managed to remain at the #1 position month after month. This month the competition is heating up and we need all the help we can get, so we're calling in DC Downsizers like you! Will you take a moment to cast a vote for Free Talk Live?
It only requires your e-mail address for verification purposes and is fast and easy.
Please vote for Free Talk Live in this month of September at vote.freetalklive.com
Host of Free Talk Live