How big is your Congressional district? What area does it cover? What does it look like? How many districts are there in your state? Where are they, and what do they look like?
Now, you'll see a visual answer to these questions every time you log-in at DownsizeDC.org. (New subscribers may have to register to create an Educate the Powerful account so they can log in).
Look at "Your Downsize DC Toolbox" in the right-hand-column. The biggest thing you'll see there is a map, showing all of the Congressional districts in your state, with YOUR DISTRICT highlighted.
You'll also see a "District Information" link. This takes you to the personal contact information for your entire Congressional delegation, including links to their home pages.
But these are only the first, and most noticeable changes we've made to "Your Downsize DC Toolbox." In fact...
We've made so many improvements that we won't be able to list them all in just one Dispatch. Plus...
Some of the best new tools we've created won't even be available to you unless YOU HAVE SET A RECRUITMENT GOAL FOR YOUR DISTRICT!
So far, only 677 out of 31,147 DC Downsizers have set a goal. Remember, we're trying to recruit and organize an army so that YOU will be more powerful. So you will need to decide how big your local army needs to be.
Once you do, you'll gain new powers! We will be explaining these powers, in upcoming Dispatches. Meanwhile, for today...
* Look at the new Toolbox by going to DownsizeDC.org and logging in
* Create a recruitment goal, if you haven't already -- do this in the Goals section of the Toolbox (you'll get a peek at your new powers when you do)
* And consider making a contribution to support the creation of new tools, because...
Doing more costs more. We want to keep delivering tools that will make you a more powerful political force.
* Out of 31,051 subscribers to the Dispatch...
* 540 support our work with monthly pledges ranging from $1 to $250 (for most of last year, we had a $1,000 per month pledger)
* 767 have made one-time donations, this year, ranging from $1 to $15,000
* That means... 29,744 are NOT donors
If you're in that last group, please start a monthly pledge, or make a one-time contribution.
I'm pleased to report that we've already met our $3,000 goal for the Downsize DC Foundation this month, and we've reduced our need for DownsizeDC.org from $26,967 to $14,420. The bad news is that we only have until July 31 to raise that $14,420 before we encounter TROUBLE.
Let's keep the progress coming. Please click here to contribute.