Only a few of us know how to prevent ominous omnibus spending bills.
Many Americans were angered over the 5,593 pages-worth of “Covid-relief” package that was clustered with everything but the kitchen sink. But they were also foolish. Why? Because they combined their anger with apathy. Sadly, only a tiny handful of Americans had anything meaningful to contribute beyond mere outrage. That handful includes…
- Jim Babka and Perry Willis at Agenda Setters by Downsize DC. We created the Read the Bills Act (RTBA) [S. 3879] and the One Subject at a Time Act (OSTA) [H.R. 2240 & S. 3845].
- The members of Congress who have sponsored and co-sponsored these bills.
- Those of you who have become part of The 300 for RTBA and OSTA.
- Those of you who contributed to make these things possible.
But everyone outside of this small group is simply full of hot air.
Mere anger will accomplish nothing, whereas our strategy would put an end to ominous omnibus spending bills. It could even change the world!
I won’t bother describing OSTA and RTBA again, here. I won’t explain how these two bills would have prevented this fraudulent, big-spending atrocity. Most of you reading this already know these things.
I want to describe the hurdles we must leap in order to pass RTBA and OSTA at the earliest possible date. Here’s the stunning part of all this…
- We could recruit The 300 for every district in mere months, then pass our legislation in under a year!
- But due to human apathy, it will likely take longer.
It’s a simple fact, the people who are angry about what Congress does routinely cripple themselves by believing nothing can be done about it.
They are wrong. But my opinion, despite being based on decades of experience, matters little. What we need to present is hard evidence.
We want to provide that evidence, and we need your help to do it.
- We want to figure out how to recruit the necessary support we need in one state, and then show how that support can lead to bill sponsorships.
- When we prove we can do it in one place, we have a powerful argument to gain the funding to do it in all states.
This is our immediate goal, right now. Prove the concept in one state.
We will, of course, keep recruiting The 300 in every congressional district across the country, including yours. But we will give special attention and focus on a target state. Success there will prove the concept. Proving our concept will become the hard evidence that we can use to attract much broader support, everywhere, including in your district. Then, we’ll overwhelm Congress and pass these bills!
Can you help us recruit The 300 everywhere PLUS prove the concept in a target state during the coming year?
It costs money to find and recruit citizens’ lobbyists. And raising money requires having a donor list. It also costs money to find and recruit those donors. So this is where the social change starts – with building a donor list to fund the strategy.
A recent lack of funding has been the roadblock to executing our strategy. We intend to obliterate that roadblock in the coming year. Will you help us take the needed steps? Will you…
- Start or increase a monthly pledge to fund Agenda Setters by Downsize DC
- Contribute to help us build our donor list and conduct our recruitment experiments
We’re going to be assertive in 2021. We hope you will be too.
Jim Babka, President
Agenda Setters by Downsize DC
Today’s Action: Contribute to implement the Agenda Setters plan for RTBA and OSTA