Last Friday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid killed a bi-partisan "jobs" bill because his colleagues didn't want a bill "stuffed with unrelated provisions sought by lobbyists for business groups and doctors."
Your efforts on behalf of DownsizeDC.org's One Subject At A Time Act (OSTA) are making a difference! Congress is getting tired of hearing your criticisms when it stuffs unrelated subjects into one bill.
Let's encourage this new direction. Tell your Representative and Senators to introduce OSTA.
You may borrow from or copy this letter . . .
I applaud Majority Leader Harry Reid's decision to drop the pork-laden, multi-subject "jobs" bill. http://www.telegram.com/article/20100212/NEWS/2120514/1116
I'm aware of what Senators Baucus and Grassley had to do to create a bill that would get "bi-partisan" support. But the 361-page monstrosity that resulted would hardly create any jobs and was loaded with unrelated provisions. http://finance.senate.gov/sitepages/leg/LEG%202010/021010%20HIREACT%20draft.pdf
* The American people don't want unrelated subjects crammed into one bill!
* We don't want our Senators and Reps wasting their time negotiating long, complicated, multi-subject bills.
* We want bills containing only one subject!
It seems like maybe Senator Reid is starting to get the message on this issue. Keep going in this direction by introducing DownsizeDC.org's One Subject at a Time Act. Doing so will . . .
* save you time and streamline the legislative process
* protect you from criticism for having voted for a multi-subject bill
* eliminate the dilemma of voting for or against a "must-pass" bill containing poisonous, unrelated provisions
* enhance your reputation and career
I would be very happy if one of my representatives was the first to introduce DownsizeDC.org's One Subject at a Time Act.