One Subject, Rand Paul, and Deny Consent
Rand Paul has introduced the “One Subject at a Time Act” in the Senate!
This means that we now have the bill introduced in both chambers of Congress, with seven co-sponsors in the House.
Let’s . . .
- Thank Rand Paul for introducing this legislation!
- Ask our “elected representatives” to co-sponsor these bills
Tomorrow . . .
Downsize DC co-founder, Perry Willis, will present you with something BRAND NEW. Together, we’ll test drive a new tactic that will preview part of how we plan to execute our new Deny Consent, rebellion strategy.
So do this NOW . . .
- Go to Rand Paul’s Facebook page and leave a comment thanking him for introducing DownsizeDC.org’s “One Subject at a Time Act” in the Senate.
- Call his office and say thank you to the staffer who answers. 202-224-4343
Then do this . . .
The hardwired letter to Congress for that campaign reads . . .
I would notice and appreciate your co-sponsorship of the "One Subject at a Time Act" (OSTA), HR 3806 & S. 3359.
You can copy or edit the following for your personal comments . . .
I believe every proposal must stand or fall entirely on its own merits.
Stop passing unpopular bills by combining them with popular measures that are completely unrelated. I consider this practice to be dishonest and criminal.
You can do something to fix this right now. The “One Subject at a Time Act” was introduced by Tom Marino in the House and Rand Paul in the Senate.
I CAN THINK OF NO GOOD REASON WHY YOU WOULD NOT BECOME A CO-SPONSOR TOO.
Please be clear, I DENY MY CONSENT for you to continue combining unrelated legislation. BE RESPONSIBLE. Co-sponsor this legislation.
You can send your letter to Congress here: https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/one-subject/
Next . . .
We need to send out press releases promoting what Senator Paul has done. Can you contribute to help us send releases to as many media outlets as possible? You can make your contribution here.
Or, after you send your letter to Congress you’ll see a contribution form. Please consider making a contribution to fund not only our press releases, but also the BIG CHANGES we have underway right now. This change will include . . .
- A NEW TOOL FOR YOU that gives greater emphasis and higher purpose to proposals like “One Subject.”
- A game-changing NEW project for our educational Foundation.
- Special new software for the Foundation that we have already tested, and that you will get to test too, very soon. You will be able to measure how minds change!
- Plus, fresh tactics and new software tools, to DENY CONSENT to Statism.
Perry and I can hardly wait to tell you more! We’ll explain the details in the coming weeks, starting with a new DENY CONSENT tactic tomorrow. In the meantime...
There are costs associated with all these changes, above and beyond our budget. The speed with which we complete them depends on your support. Monthly pledges are particularly helpful because they permit us to plan ahead and be aggressive.
And remember to read tomorrow’s Dispatch, where we’ll test drive a clever, new tactic.
Thanks for your support!
& Downsize DC Foundation