Today's Downsizer-Dispatch . . .
We're off to a great start in April. We've already recruited 96 new supporters and sent 7,362 messages to Congress. We need to keep it going. So here's today's action item . . .
DON'T LET THE INCUMBENTS SET THE RULES
If H.R. 4694 passes into law . . .
- You won't be able to use your own money to support or oppose federal candidates.
- Taxes will fund all federal campaigns, with winners getting more money, and losers less.
- To get full funding third parties and independents will have to collect signatures equal to 20% of the votes cast in the last election, but paid petitioners will be outlawed!
- It's well-established that challengers must outspend incumbents to unseat them. This law would make it impossible for any challenger to outspend any incumbent.
- Your tax money will be used to fund candidates you oppose.
- Candidates unwilling to take government funds will be prohbited from spending any money at all.
- It will be illegal for citizens' groups to spend money discussing federal campaigns.
This bill would be the absolute end of free elections in America.
WE NEED MORE MEDIA CONTACTS
To meet our April media goals we need more media contacts. If you provide contacts for radio talk shows in your community we'll make the calls to get on the air where you live. It's easy. Click here to find out what to do.
OUR GAS TANK:
Six people have so far contributed $277 toward our April fundraising goal of $14,000. You can add your name to the following list by making a contribution or starting a monthly pledge. To do so, click here.
Thank you to recent contributors (including a few who gave in March) . . .
Mark W. Stroberg, Anna M. Taglieri, Daniel D. Berger, Joe Byrne, Shawn Anderson, Joshua Oransky, Anthony G. Bajada, William Bracken, Allan Shuman, Kay Samalin, and Bruce Morton
Special thanks to Alexander S. Peak for starting a monthly pledge.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.
Jim Babka President DownsizeDC.org, Inc.