Rand Paul has introduced WTLA – the Write the Laws Act – in the Senate!
In case you missed our previous reports, we now have…
- OSTA (One Subject at a Time Act) has been introduced in both the House (H.R. 2240) and the Senate (S. 3845)!
- Senator Rand Paul has also introduced RTBA (Read the Bills Act S. 3879)!
Rand Paul has also introduced WTLA – the Write the Laws Act (S. 3904)!
That makes three bills in the Senate, and one in the House, plus…
Please remember that WTLA would require Congress to approve every word of every REGULATION created by the Executive Branch bureaucracy. This would mean…
No more “legislation” by unelected bureaucrats!
Plus, any bill passed in violation of this requirement would be unenforceable in court!
This simple step would…
- Restore the separation of powers.
- Slow the growth of the regulatory state.
It would also give Congress less time to do other bad things!
If WTLA was the law, in combination with RTBA and OSTA, it would give the special interest lobbyists fits. Their favorite techniques are…
- Passing large bills, hastily written right before a recess. RTBA would prevent that with its seven day waiting period.
- Clustering unrelated issues deep into that one big bill, so that they ride through unnoticed. OSTA would prevent that.
- Bypassing Congress completely by getting bureaucrats to write the regulations they want. WTLA would prevent this.
Now we need to recruit 300 people to visit your local congressional offices seeking sponsorship for the S. 3904, the Write the Laws Act. You can become one of the 300 for RTBA…
We also encourage you to support our efforts to recruit people who will be one of the 300 making a contribution or starting a monthly pledge.
You may not realize it yet, but you’re on your way to setting the Congressional agenda.
Jim Babka, President
Agenda Setters by Downsize DC
Today’s Action: Become one of the “300” for Write the Law