423 DC Downsizers sent 1,269 messages to Congress over the weekend calling for the repeal of the REAL ID Act. This is important. Congress must be reminded that we do not want a federal identification system imposed on the American people. And even if we currently lack the strength to force the repeal of the REAL ID Act, our messages will make Congress nervous about taking the next step toward a national identification system.
But we are capable, even at our current size, of doing so much more. We have it on good authority that 15-30 messages on a given subject is enough to make a single Congressional office stand-up and take notice. There are more than 20,000 people receiving this email. If everyone receiving this were to take the 5-minutes required to register to use the Downsize DC lobbying system, and send a message about the REAL ID Act, we could flood Congress with 60,000 messages. This means that the average Congressional office would receive more than 130 requests to repeal the REAL ID Act.
This would get their attention!
- It takes 5-minutes to sign-up to use the system.
- It takes one minute to add a sentence of your own to the pre-written message we provide.
- Your message would then go to your Representative and your two Senators. That's how 20,000 DC Downsizers can produce 60,000 messages to Congress.
- You would then be registered to use our system and it would only take a minute to use the system again on other issues in the future.
- This is especially important because we need everyone's help promoting the "Read the Bill Act."
To register to use the system and send a message asking Congress to repeal the REAL ID Act click here.
Then get ready to send another message in support of the "Read the Bills Act" later this week. We have power, if only we will use it.
Thank you for being a DC Downsizer.