I wrote to my Representative and Senators telling them to end Drug Prohibition I hope you do the same.
The hardwired message says…
End Drug Prohibition.
You may borrow from or copy the following sample comments…
I DO NOT CONSENT to using the military to fight drug trafficking overseas.
Instead of serving national "defense," it’s become an OFFENSIVE force to bolster failed domestic drug laws.
For decades this policy…
* destabilized foreign countries and killed countless thousands of innocent civilians
* bred corruption in foreign governments and helped them oppress their own people
* empowered ruthless, violent drug lords who are able to keep the trade flowing
END this global War on Drugs. STRIP the anti-narcotics provisions from the 2014 National Defense Authorization Act...
* stop the interventions and military "cooperation" with other countries
* end foreign aid directed toward anti-drug efforts
NO government has legitimate authority to dictate what substances people can or can't ingest. To do so is an act of AGGRESSION, whereas REAL GOVERNMENTS protect people FROM aggression.
Behave like a REAL government. End the failed and immoral War on Drugs.
If you don't, you will further lose legitimacy.
—END OF SAMPLE COMMENTS—
You will receive a copy of your letter to Congress via email. Please share your letter with friends. Ask them to take the same action.
We research the issues and summarize them, then provide you a form letter to use with our free Educate the Powerful System. If you value this service, please consider making a monthly pledge or generous donation.