NOTE: Most of the Congressional updates are done. Several offices still lag. But you should be able to communicate with most of your reps, and maybe all of them. As the new officeholders make their information available, we will be updating.
Quote of the Day: "I want a government small enough to fit inside the Constitution." – Harry Browne (1933-2006), Downsize DC Co-Founder
Ask a bad question, and you'll get a bad answer. Compare these two questions . . .
- Should the "rich" pay more taxes?
- Should Congress spend less?
Those who say the rich should pay more are likely to get both higher taxes and higher spending. That's a bad result. On the other hand . . .
If Congress followed the Constitution spending would plummet.
- There would be no need for tax hikes.
- EVERYONE would get a tax cut.
That’s a good result. To seek this result . . .
The hardwired message for that campaign says...
You swore an oath to obey the Constitution. Honor that oath. Abide by the Constitution's limits on federal power.
I added the following comments, which you may copy or edit...
The Constitution isn't perfect, but if you obeyed it...
* There would be no deficit or supposed fiscal cliff, because. . .
* The federal budget would be a fraction of its current size
So I want you to oppose any budget deal that increases taxes or spending. I don't want to fund criminal (unconstitutional) things like...
* medical marijuana raids
* prohibitions on medicines that are freely available elsewhere in the world
* bombings and invasions of countries that have never threatened us
* stationing troops in wealthy countries like Japan, Germany, and South Korea
Nor do I want to fund ...
* bailouts for big banks and failed automakers
* TSA workers who molest and steal from travelers
* FBI and NSA agents who spy on us without warrants
* subsidies to wealthy farmers and corporations
* see my taxes sent up in flames, or . . .
* pay federal employees to do nothing, rather than . . .
* fund criminal activities that hurt people and violate the Constitution.
Which is to say...
I THINK YOU DO HARMFUL THINGS.
Just obey your Oath of Office.
That simple act would . . .
* end most of the criminality
* reduce the harm you do
* end deficits
* end the supposed justification for tax increases
* give everyone tax breaks, which would mean more funding for the beneficial Voluntary Sector.
So I'm telling you...
DO NOT RAISE TAXES.
DO NOT RAISE SPENDING.
OBEY THE CONSTITUTION!
- - -