Today, DownsizeDC.org joins dozens of organizations and THOUSANDS of websites to protest the NSA’s warrantless spying on American citizens.
We invite you to join us. There are apps you can use for your blog, website, or Twitter/Facebook page at https://thedaywefightback.org/.
And you can TAKE ACTION via DownsizeDC.org’s "Hands Off the Internet" campaign telling Congress that YOU DENY CONSENT to NSA spying using DownsizeDC.org’s Hands Off the Internet Campaign.
The hardwired message says…
As a constituent, I insist that you oppose any attempts to undermine Internet freedom.
You may borrow from or copy this sample letter…
My government is supposed to protect my rights, not violate them. Yet...
The NSA has done the exact opposite.
I am demanding that YOU remedy this by:
* Passing the Surveillance State Repeal Act (HR 2818) which repeals the “Patriot Act.”
* Passing the USA FREEDOM Act, which would end the bulk collection of Americans' phone records and institute other key reforms.
* Defeating the so-called FISA Improvements Act, which would entrench — and potentially expand — NSA spying.
* Creating additional privacy protections for non-Americans.
* Ending the NSA's subversion of encryption and other data security measures.
Remember, YOU work for ME. I DO NOT CONSENT to NSA employees working as Peeping Toms. The USA Freedom Act is a modest step. So, if you are incapable of at least passing the USA Freedom Act, then that tells me you can’t be trusted to represent or protect my interests.
—END OF LETTER—
You can send your letter using DownsizeDC.’org’s Educate the Powerful system, and we encourage you to use the tools at The Day We Fight Back.