Jim Babka will be making three talk-radio appearances today (Wednesday). Details below the signature.
Quote of the Day:
"Accusation raises the defenses. Question pricks the conscience."
- William J. Olson
Subject: Wrong People Are NOT the Enemy, Wrong Ideas Are
It is easy, in this political season, to get caught up in the partisan personality contest: To check, who is up and who is down... who is clever or who is dull... which is the lesser of evils.
If you take this election too seriously, you'll begin to think that people are your enemy -- that we don't have freedom because the people are stupid, or worse, evil.
Friends, Republicans are not your enemy. Democrats are not your enemy. Independents, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, and Greens are not your enemy. The neighbor that doesn't even vote isn't your enemy either.
But their wrong ideas have consequences:
* A dumb idea can stall progress, keeping life saving technologies and progress at bay.
* A bad idea can lead to incidental deaths.
* A horrible idea can result in genocide.
The operation of government is about ideas.
Bad ideas are the enemy.
At Downsize DC, we want to win the war of ideas. We have little interest in the partisan wars -- the cults of personality.
We want to change hearts and minds. We want to get the message out so that it's read, heard, and understood by every American, everywhere, every day. And sometime before that happens, the political environment will change. We will even begin to attract politicians who sound an awful lot like us. And they'll start winning.
I hope you like our vision!
To get the message out we must grow to be an unstoppably large army, and financial growth precedes the arrival of that army. Each month, thanks to monthly pledgers, we grow.
To build the army requires financial support from folks who are smart enough to understand the problem and wise enough to see that the Downsize DC Army can indeed become so big that we can get the message everywhere, every day.
Our monthly budget is surprisingly modest -- just $15,500. This month, we expect about $8,100 in existing monthly pledge support.
On top of that, we have a group challenge pledge of $3,600 for the month of September. Every donation up to a total of $3,600 will be matched, dollar for dollar, by this donor group. Thus, a pledge of $10 would bring in $10 more dollars this month. And a one-time donation of $100 from you would be instantly worth $200! Please help us secure these funds.
The absolute best way to support us is with a monthly credit card or scheduled electronic check of $3, $5, $8, $10, $15, $25, $35, or more per month. But any contribution can and will make a difference.
And all donors receive a copy of our glossy, 16-page report, "The Downsize DC Vision."
Please help ensure that we collect that $3,600 pledge and make budget. Please contribute today.
Thank you for your support. Thank you for being a part of the Downsize DC Army.
Downsize DC President Jim Babka will be on the following radio shows today (Wednesday).
* Liberty Roundtable, with Sam Bushman & Friends, just after 10 AM Eastern (9 AM Central, 8 AM Mountain, 7 AM Pacific). The show is heard on several stations, but the best way to listen is online at http://www.accentradionetwork.com/chooseplayer.htm
* The Drive w/ Gary Nolan, on The Eagle, 93.9 FM in Columbia, MO, just after 6 PM Eastern (5 PM Central, 4 PM Mountain, 3 PM Pacific). Outside of Columbia, you can listen live by clicking on the Listen Live button at http://theeagle939.com/
* Free Talk Live, with Ian & Mark, just after 7 PM Eastern (6 PM Central, 5 PM Mountain, 4 PM Pacific). The show is nationally syndicated, but the best way to hear it live is online at http://freetalklive.com/tunein.php
Media appearances are subject to change without notice.